The biggest shopping season of the year is in full swing. But before you invest in a new TV package or broadband deal during the Black Friday period, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Luckily, The Independent's technology critic David Phelan has given us the heads up on what to look out for, and what type of deal will suit you best. We've found the most impressive deals so far, from cinema packages to superfast broadband.
A trusty household name in the UK, Sky is best known for its all-encompassing collection of TV channels but it also offers some great deals on broadbrand too. For Black Friday 2017, new customers could sign up with Sky Fibre Unlimited and Box Sets TV for £50 per month, each priced at £25. Additionally, it also cut costs on its Variety bundle to just £25 per month.
Best Black Friday TV deals 2018
- Sky Broadband Unlimited 11MB, £18 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Sky Fibre Unlimited 36MB, £25 a month for 18 months - buy now
- Sky Fibre Max 63MB, £30 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Broadband and TV package: 36MB average internet speed and over 300 TV channels, £40 a month for 18 months – buy now
EE offers a good variety of deals all year round but especially so during Black Friday. Last year, the company offered EE Reward prepaid cards on its broadband deals, ranging from £50 up to £125, depending on the package.
- Unlimited Fibre Broadband 36MB, £26 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Unlimited Fibre Broadband Plus 67MB, £30 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Unlimited Fibre Max 1 Broadband 145MB, £40 a month for 18 months – buy now
Virtual Reality Doesn’t Have to be Expensive. The idea that virtual reality is expensive to produce comes up over and over from businesses interested in creating an experience. The truth is although virtual reality can be expensive, it isn’t always expensive. Like most things, virtual reality’s price greatly depends on the scope of the project. Companies can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars investing in the technology. However, other companies like YouVisit can create the same type of experience with costs ranging in the low to mid five figures.
- Unlimited Broadband 11MB, £17 a month for 12 months including line rental – buy now
- Faster Fibre with Speed Boost, £25 a month for 18 months including line rental – buy now
- Super Saver: Unlimited downloads 11MB, £18 a month for 12 months including line rental – buy now
- The Everyday Surfer: Unlimited downloads 36MB, £25 a month for 12 months including line rental – buy now
- The Speed Demon: Unlimited downloads 63MB, £35 a month for 12 months including line rental – buy now
Click here to view our guide to the Best Black Friday Deals
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.